So in the latest change-set, I’ve upgraded our framework CodeIgniter to 3.0.4. Wasn’t hard since the custom code footprint was relatively small and nothing was changed in the core files.
Next I want to complete the multiplayer part as soon as possible. Before that some challenges, that I can see are:
- How would someone keep track of all the rooms that he has been in
- What happens when a user exits a room. Do we save the room data? If yes, then how is that accessible.
- Need a proper sanity process of the real time feature so that nothing is breaking.
Also in my list are some infra changes
- Doing JS and CSS versioning during deployment.
- Keeping environment related config items separate from the common config items.
There are some feature addons as well :
- A performance card at the end of every run.
- An option to mark a track as difficult or easy.
- The progress meter to be based on characters instead of words.
- Better UI
- Applying continuous sync with server to prevent hacking of score.
- Setting a max value for speed, just to make sure data does not get corrupt.